hello Monday

Happy Monday Friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  This was me and Brian's weekend to work so unfortunately we didn't do much of anything, but today I am recapping our day to the beach.  If you  have a post up today, be sure to linkup with myself, Heather, Tanya and Lindsay =)

One thing I promised the girls we would do this summer is go to the beach.  Alyx is 5 years old and has never been to the ocean to swim.  Maine has a lot of rocky shorelines, and we've visited those numerous times, but never a nice sandy oceanside beach.  Friday we packed up bright and early and made the trip to southern Maine to visit Old Orchard Beach. Alyx was SO excited to swim in the ocean and make sand castles =)


I really should have video taped Alyx's reaction when she saw the beach.  I think she was shocked!  
At Old Orchard Beach they also have a pretty big amusement park.  So she was excited to see that too...although we didn't do any rides this time around.


She was so funny when we got there.  She grabbed a towel, laid it on the sand, laid down on it and said "Ok, take my picture" Ha! =)



The water was a bit chilly at first!


She could have stayed right here all day long if we had let her.  She SO enjoyed playing on a sandy beach.




Making sandcastles were a favorite too.





I absolutely love the ocean.  The air, the salt, the sand.  I could live here.





They both had a blast!!  After we were done swimming and making sand castles, we walked around the boardwalk and had some Pier Fries and Sno-Cones.




And then we did some shopping.  The girls both bought shell necklace/bracelets and new hoodies for school.  

Later in the afternoon we went and had lunch right on the ocean.  




The food was great, and the views were spectacular!
Such a fun day.  We have had such a great summer.  I am not wanting it to end anytime soon!

How was your weekend?
Be sure to linkup below!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments