Happy Monday Friends! Can you believe this is Thanksgiving week? I have a short work week this week and the girls only have 2 days of school. We're excited to spend time at camp on Thanksgiving day and have lots of yummy food =)
Today I am recapping our weekend, and I hope you will join us =)
We had the best weekend! Friday evening Brian went to camp for the night, so the girls and I went out to dinner. They chose Olive Garden. Alyx hates pasta, like seriously gags if it gets anywhere near her, but for some reason she loves their chicken fingers. So strange! haha We all were in bed pretty early because Saturday was a busy and long day for us.
Saturday morning Emma had to be at the high school by 10am for her first swim meet of the year. I had plans and was SO bummed I had to miss it. I'm so thankful my mom was able to bring her. She swam in 4 events. The 100 Free, 200 Free, 50 back, and the 200 Free Relay. She DID so awesome!! She shaved time off each event from her times last year, she came in 1st place in the 100 and the 200 free. 4th place in the 50 back and 1st place in her relay!!
I wasn't able to go to the swim meet because I had planned a Turkey Drive for my work at our local grocery store. We were at the store from 8am to 4pm. And it wasn't warm out at all. But we did AWESOME!!
I was really surprised how many people had no idea what a Turkey Drive was. So basically, Turkeys the week before Thanksgiving are dirt cheap. 39cents a pound. You go into the store, purchase a turkey and then bring it outside and put it in the back of the police car. All the turkeys were donated to our Elementary Schools food cupboard.
We did so good! We raised 145 Turkeys, all the Thanksgiving fixings and over $1,000.00 in cash and gift cards for the school! The principal for the school came and delivered a bunch of boxes during the day for us which was awesome. It was a great community event and fun!!
Sunday morning Alyx and I went to my parents for the day. Emma was tired and just wanted to stay home, so she did.
And look what happened Friday. Glasses! I didn't realize just how bad my eyes were until I put these on and was like "ohhh! I can see now!" haha =)
We spent the day with my parents, I helped my mom get her tree up and then we headed back home around 3:00. And look how pretty the mountain in my hometown is with all the snow.
We spent the day with my parents, I helped my mom get her tree up and then we headed back home around 3:00. And look how pretty the mountain in my hometown is with all the snow.
I took for granted growing up living there. It's such a beautiful place.
I hope you all had a great weekend! And be sure to link up with us below =)









No comments