Happy Monday Friends! This weekend went by so so fast! It's Monday, and that means it's time to recap the weekend. Join myself, Heather and Tanya by grabbing our graphic and linkup below =)
We had a pretty great weekend. Friday we went to camp for a little bit, but it was SOOO SOOO cold. I can't even explain just how cold it was. For the short amount of time we were outside, I could barely feel my face and hands.
Friday evening Emma had a swim meet. Now, let me share a little of my frustration here. I am so over covid. It has taken so much away from the kids, sports and parents. Among other things too. It absolutely breaks my heart that we aren't allowed to be at any sporting event to watch our kids. I have been very grateful that the school has a YouTube Channel that they live stream the meets on, and they have had a photographer there taking photos, but it's just not the same. I want to be there in person to watch Emma swim.
First year swimming on the High School team and she LOVES it.
I dropped her off at the school, and then a bunch of us met at my inlaws to watch the meet on their TV with them. Brian made some amazing steak bomb sandwiches for us, and then we settled in to cheer her on!
She swam a 200 Freestyle, 400 free Relay and then a 500 freestyle! This was her first time ever swimming a 500 which is 20 laps. She did absolutely amazing! We are still waiting on where she placed in everything, and I can't wait to see what her correct times are.
I am very thankful for the photographer that they had there taking photos of all the girls.
After her meet the team all went out for Mexican for dinner.
Saturday we were up bright and early, 6am. The girls stayed with my parents and Brian and I went to southern Maine, almost to the New Hampshire state line. We've been debating for a while now about buying our own camp on a lake. My in-laws purchased a camp last summer on a lake and we fell in love with it. 99% of our time last summer was spent there. The only problem, there isn't enough room for all of us to stay the night there. His parents gave us permission to put a camper on their property so we would have our own little "Space" there. So for the last couple of months we've been on the lookout for one. Like spending most all of my time searching craigs list and facebook market place for one. I'll admit that I was being super picky about them. I didn't want something old and nasty, it had to be newer from a decent couple or family. And I finally found one. Of course it had to be well over 3 hours from home =)
It's 3 years old, but still looks brand new. And it came from a great family! It's perfect for us.
In the back there are two bunks. The top is a twin, and the bottom is a full size. Next to that is a bathroom with vanity, toilet and shower. The kitchen is good size with a double sink, gas stove, microwave and an almost fullsize fridge. The table will also fold down if we need it to for another place for someone to sleep.
This is looking from the back of the camper towards the front. The leather sofa folds down into a fullsize bed, and behind the sofa is a queen size bed behind it. It's plenty of room for all of us plus our dogs.
It has a TV in the kitchen/living area, and it also has a place to mount another TV near the queen bed.
The outside has an "outdoor kitchen" as well. A fridge, sink and grill.
We cannot wait now for summer! I also cannot wait to make this camper our own by adding our own little touches to it =)
We cannot wait now for summer! I also cannot wait to make this camper our own by adding our own little touches to it =)
Sunday Brian and Emma along with his brother, father and my niece all went out to their old camp that they are getting ready to sell. They've had this camp for quite a long time, but the drive to get there isn't practical and it takes forever to get there. So they put it on the market this year after buying the other camp last year.
Emma took these pictures. We will definitely miss going there, but we are excited about all the changes being made to the new camp!
The lake is completely frozen over and gorgeous. We will for sure miss this little space of heaven. It's the only camp on the entire lake. So it's peaceful, but there is something about their new camp that we just love.
I hope you all had a great weekend as well, and have a great Monday!
Be sure to linkup below =)
Be sure to linkup below =)
















No comments