hello...Monday :)

Happy Monday, Friends!  Wow has it been a while since I posted!  Life here has been BUSY.  And today I am going to recap some of it .  If you have a post up today, be sure to linkup below! 



We've spent the last several weeks doing the home-school thing, and working full-time outside of the home.  I give teachers all the credit in the world right now, because it's not been easy all the time.  However, we've managed to get through it so far.  I'm going to share my heart right now.  I have seen so so many parents posting on Facebook and IG shaming the schools and teachers for not having it all together, and how this is such an inconvenience for them and how having their kids at home is a burden.  This is something that we all thought would never happen.  Was this something that honestly the schools could have prepared for?  In my opinion No.  It is beyond frustrating to me to read these posts and it's heartbreaking as well.  Is this hard for everyone?  YES.  It it inconvenient for everyone?  YES.  But is it really a burden having our kids home 24/7 right now? NO.  Enjoy this time.  Enjoy being together as a family.  It's honestly all that you make of it, and we are choosing to make it as good and as fun as possible.  Not all days have been fun, and some days have been just down right difficult and i'm ready for them to go to bed.  But I have truly enjoyed all the time we've spent together lately.  And these are times we will never get back with our kiddos.

So this is what our days have looked like around here.


Alyx's teacher sent all of their school books home for the kids to work in.  Each day there are lessons for them to do.  Emma also has certain lessons she needs to complete each day.



She has had a blast with these video chats with her class.  It's been so fun for her to see her classmates.  They do the chats a few times a week.


We also threw a HUGE snowstorm into the mix with this pandemic.  Oh and add a 2 day power outage in with it as well! haha


This was the day before the snow started.
And this is what we woke up to the next morning.


Where even is my house!?!?  Surprisingly the tree is a birch tree and it bounced right back up as soon as the snow melted.  It didn't do any damage thankfully :)

Alyx's school did a teacher parade.  I wish I had been home to see it, but I was at work.  She and Emma made signs to hold up as the teachers drove by =)



So there is a short peek into how our days have been lately.  I have lots more to share in the next few days and weeks.  I hope you all are doing well and keeping safe.
Happy Monday Friends!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments