Meet and Greet Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Friends!  I'm excited for another Meet and Greet Tuesday today!  So grab a cup of coffee and let's meet todays guest!




Today is all about Stefanie!  Stefanie blogs over at Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too

So let's get to know Stefanie a little more =)

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hi!  I'm Stefanie, and I live in Pittsburgh with my husband of 17 years (we got married really young) and our four children.  Dylan is 12, Alexandria is 10, Liliana is 6 and Liam, who is rocking an extra chromosome, is 4.  Liam was our surprise baby, who surprised us even more with a post-birth Down Syndrome diagnosis.  I'm the youngest of 8 kids, so it's no surprise that I ended up with a larger family of my own!  As if four children wasn't enough, we also have four indoor rabbits and four hermit crabs!
I spent most of my time shuttling kids around to numerous activities, but blogging and running the Instagram account for the Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network are my side gigs!  I also love to run, read, take (too many) pictures and shop!

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?

I have been blogging since 2009!  Back then, it was just a way to keep family and friends who lived far away up to date with our adventures.  Back then blogging felt more like a community, but blogging has changed a lot over the years.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

When I first started blogging, I named my blog Lexie Loo & Dylan Too, which was the names of my kids.  When Lily was born, I added her name to the title and then Liam came along.  I always contemplate changing my blog name to something easier, but it's hard letting go of the REASON why I started blogging.  And that was sharing my life with my kids.


Of all your posts you have written, which is your favorite and why?

The hardest post I ever had to write was the one where I shared the news of Liam's diagnosis.  I remember trying to share my feelings while tears streamed down my cheeks.  Now it's one of my favorite posts, because I have changed so much since that day.



You need some encouragement.  Who is your go to person for a little pick me up?

Thankfully, I have more than one person.  I have quite a few friends that are always there to listen and make me smile, and I am so grateful for them!

You have friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night.  What are you going to make for a meal?

My go to meal for a bigger crowd is cheesy rigatoni, garlic bread and salad.  Who doesn't love pasta!

You are planning an evening out.  What's your favorite go-to restaurant for a fun time?

Somehow we always end up at Olive Garden.  I love their unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks!

If you could have a weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?

Definitely the beach!  It's my favorite place.  Even though we go each year with the kids, taking 4 kids to the beach can be stressful!


What are some pet peeves of yours, and why?

Well...this could get lengthy, but I will try to simplify things.  Bad drivers, bickering kids, inattentive parents and people who use the "r" word or are intolerant towards those who are different drive me crazy!

What's your go to type of music?

My favorite playlist is an eclectic mix thanks to four kids choosing their favorites!  There's everything from "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright to "The Lonely" by Christina Perri to "House of Gold" by Twenty One Pilots to "How Far I'll Go" from Moana.

Prior to having kids, I was very active in musical theater, so musicals will always be my (not so) guilty pleasure!  I love to sing as loud as I can in the car, with the windows down, just to embarrass my tween!


What's your idea of the perfect family day?

My perfect family day is spent at the beach.  We start the day off by eating breakfast together, spend a few hours on the beach, go out to dinner, take a long walk on the boardwalk, and then end the night with a walk on the beach to collect shells.  We just got home from our annual beach vacation a few weeks ago, and I am already missing the beach!!

Thank you Stefanie for sharing your story with us and for letting me ask you all of these questions!!
You can also find Stefanie here:
Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest / Facebook


If you missed last weeks interview, I interview Jenna and you find that HERE

Have a great Tuesday everyone!