Meet & Greet Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Friends!  I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.  Today is back to school for Emma and it's her first day of Middle School!!  I will do a complete recap on that tomorrow.  

Today I am starting something new.  A fellow blogger, Emily, used to blog over at Simply a Rough Draft.  She used to have a weekly post about getting to know other bloggers better.  Well, I reached out to Emily and she so graciously "passed the Meet and Greet torch" along to me.  I am so excited about this, and I hope you guys will enjoy it as well!  




Today I am highlighting Jenna from Tractors and Glam!  I sent her a handful of questions and she answered them and sent them back.  It was fun getting to know her a little bit better!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.


I'm Jenna, a wife to Brandon,  mom to two wonderful kiddos (Maddi, 9 and Guy 6). I teach Kindergarten and love every second, I have taught for 8 years now. I love coffee, running, yoga, gardening, crafting, and watching all the sports (Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, WSU Cougs, Gonzaga basketball, and of course my kid's teams). 

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?

I started blogging in May of 2016 and took a couple of months off in August to finish up my Masters Degree (in Elementary Reading). I came back to full time blogging in October and have blogged daily since. I have read blogs for several years and love reading about people's lives and their families. I love getting tips and tricks from other moms and I like being able to share about our family with friends and relatives who do not live close by. Now, my biggest inspiration to continue to blog are all the friendships I have made with fellow bloggers. Seriously, you are all the best!

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Farming is a HUGE part in our lives. Brandon has a full time job outside of farming but can be found on a tractor or combine, or working in a shop when he is not at his 9-5. The glam part comes from me, I have been known to show up to a dusty field in a dress and wedges. Brandon always called me the "most glamorous farmer" he has ever known. Farming is a big part of our family. One funny story is when we were first married I was helping Brandon back up a loaded grain truck into our barn to take cover from the rain, I was supposed to guide Brandon into the barn with my hands and stand where he could see me. I missed the last part of those directions and ended up backing him up through the barn wall...whoops! 
 
Of all your posts you have written, which is your favorite and why?

I love day-in-the-life posts. My friend Stephanie posts a day in the life post each season and I thought that was a great idea so I have done that as well. These posts are my favorite to look back on to see what we were up to.

You need some encouragement.  Who is your go to person for a little pick me up?

My Mom! I love that lady and she is always encouraging to me. I love that I get to work with her as well. Another person I would turn to is my husband (he always has great advice) or my best friend Tara (who also teaches kindergarten). I also find a lot of encouragement and support from other bloggers who I consider friends.

You have friends coming over to dinner tomorrow evening.  What are you going to make them for a meal?

This time of year we are probably watching football so I would make a big pot of my Taco Soup and for dessert, my M & M Cookies







You are planning an evening out.  What's your go-to restaurant for a fun time?

We love going out for Mexican food. Chips and salsa, good drinks, and great food.
 
If you could have a weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?

We would go see a Mariners or Seahawks game in Seattle, or to Missoula, Montana because it is absolutely beautiful there


What are some of your pet peeves, and why?

My pet peeves are kind of funny. I hate when people chew with their mouths open or when they breathe loudly out of their mouths. Another pet peeve would be when someone is breathing through their nose and it makes that whistle sound, or drumming of fingers on desks. AHHH!

What's your go to type of music?

Country music, all day, every day.

What's your idea of the perfect family day?

We would sleep in, eat a yummy breakfast and then play some board games together. After lunch we would probably either go for a drive through the mountains or go to a beach. Dinner would be something with pasta, and we would watch "The Sandlot" with popcorn


Thank you SO much Jenna for letting me interview you!!
There will be more of these interviews to come!!

Linking up with the ladies of Tuesday Talk today =)