hello Monday

Hello!  Happy Monday!  I hope you will join myself and Heather, grab our graphic and link up today with your Monday post.  Anything goes!  

We had a really good weekend, despite having to work.  The weather was absolutely beautiful all weekend, and it's SO nice to be able to spend time outside finally.  Not only did we have a really long winter with lots of snow, our spring up until this point had been really rainy.  So the sunshine is very much welcome!  

Friday I took the day off from work.  We had a really great day.  I dropped Emma off at school and then came back home and Alyx played outside while Brian and I did some yard work. 


She's got the craziest hair!  Mind you, she had just woken up too ;)


I decided to go pick up coffee for Brian and I, and when I got to the drive-thru I looked behind me and saw this...





Sound asleep =)

While Brian mowed our lawn I planted some flowers.  The only ones I got planted are the ones in my old whiskey barrell.


I'm anxious for it to fill in.  Normally I have really only done "green" plants in here, but this year I decided to add some color.  Now I need to mulch all around my flower gardens.

Friday afternoon Emma was a part of the Maine All State Elementary Centennial Choir.  It was a huge honor for her to be asked.  There were approximately 100 kids who were chosen all over the state. 




These kids sang absolutely beautiful.  So much talent in this room.  


My parents came down for it, and my mom brought me a TON of fiddleheads =)


They are so delicious.  It's a vegetable that I am pretty sure is only found in Maine and you can only find them for about 2 weeks and then they are gone.  I can't wait to dig into these!

Saturday I had to work.  Emma had a softball game.  She was the opening pitcher.  


Every game she does better and better.  I'm proud of her for accomplishments in this sport.  
I'm also sad that I had to miss one of her games.  Definately a downfall of having work every other weekend.  They didn't win their game, but they did well.

Sunday, I have no pictures for.  I worked until 4pm.  I came home and grabbed Emma and brought her to our local Police Department so she could sell them some Candy Bars for her softball fundraiser.  She made out well there!  
The girls played outside until it was time to come in to get ready for bed.  They love being outside!

I hope you all had a great weekend as well.  Wednesday, Myself, Heather and Jenna will be linking up with our Kids Summer Reading Club!  So if you joined us, remember to grab our graphic and link up with us!


 Have a GREAT Monday!!!