What We're Reading Wednesday

Back around November, Stephanie invited me to co-host a new linkup for 2017, What We're Reading Wednesday.  I was really excited about this, because I feel like I really didn't read a whole lot in 2016 and this would force me to read more this year!
Over the next year I am excited to share with all of you what I've been reading, and I am also excited to hear what you have been reading!  It will be fun to get some new recommendations on books too =)
So join us the first Wednesday of every month, and share what you have been reading!

Meet your Hosts:
 
Johannah from The Sirois Family
Whitney from Work it Mommy
Crystal from Hall around Texas 
Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me
Whitney from Polka-Dotty Place
Heather from My Glittery Heart
Justine from Little Dove Blog
Keri from Keri Lynn Snyder

This month is going to be when I really start getting back into reading.  Like I mentioned, last year I didn't read as much as I would have liked to.  Towards the end of the year I picked up the book, The Magnolia Story.  You guys, I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book.  If you've not heard of it, it's the story behind Chip & Joanna Gaines the couple from the HGTV show, Fixer Upper.  


I'm not going to spoil this book, because I think that every woman should read it.  But it gives you a glimpse into their lives when they first met, and how Chip has always been as crazy as he is now!  They balance each other out as a couple and also work partners so well.  Their relationship with family, faith and God has led them to where they are today.  I loved how this book was unlike any other I've read and it shares both of their sides of each topic they cover.  It's not just one sided.  It had me laughing and then crying.  They are certainly a down to earth couple and family, and I don't see how fame has changed them in the least bit.
I'm downright obsessed with them and their TV show.  So if you have been living under a rock and have never watched their show, do yourself a favor and grab a cup of coffee and turn on the TV to HGTV and watch it.  If it's not on, look for it on Netflix!  You won't regret it.  And then once you've watched an episode or two..or three or four....pick up the book and read it. 

Here are the dates below to link up with us.  Any thing you have read goes =)

Have a great Wednesday!!