Recipe Club {Crockpot Chicken & Rice}

Happy Wednesday!  Today is Recipe Club day =)  Every month, the third Wednesday of the month, Heather from My Glittery Heart and I host a recipe club.  Be sure to grab our graphic and link up.  Any recipe goes!  This month we are a little later linking up, but better late than never ;)


My recipe for you today is simple.  I tend to post a lot of "simple" meals.  Simple is good around here because with working full-time and Emma in a bunch of after school activities, it's sometimes hard to get a really good meal on the table.  
So i'm sharing with you, Crockpot Chicken & Rice.  The first time I ever had chicken and rice was at the Cracker Barrel and I fell in love with it.  So I decided to find a recipe that was close and I doctored it up a tad.  



This is easy people.  Take all your cans of cream of mushroom and the cream of chicken and pour them into your crockpot.  Add one can of drained mushrooms (or you can use fresh), add 1 tbsp of garlic powder and 1 tbsp onion powder.  Mix it all up well.  And then place your boneless chicken tenders on top.  I pushed mine down slightly into the mixture.  


Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

The rice.  I buy the rice in a bag and just follow the directions on the back.  Usually I make the small portion on the back.  However, instead of water I always use chicken broth.  I also saute a small onion in some butter and then add that to the finished rice.  

It's so good!  On this particular night, I served it with hashbrown casserole and green beans.


Everyone in our family likes this recipe (minus Alyx, cause well she's super picky!) 
So what are some recipes you've made lately?  Link up below and share with Heather and I!  Have a great Wednesday!!