Christmas Recap

Happy Tuesday!  Can you believe that Christmas is officially behind us now??  Isn't that crazy!?!  The last 2 months have completely flown by and now we just have 4 days left of 2016.  That is even crazier!

I hope you all had a great Christmas.  We certainly did here.  It was busy, but it was fun.  Saturday morning I had to run to town to do a couple of last minute errands.  I know, leave it to me to have last minute shopping to do.  So off I went, coffee in hand.


Thankfully the stores weren't too busy since I went early, so I got my stuff done and headed back home.
Instead of a traditional Christmas or Christmas Eve dinner, I usually make a chowder or stew.  This year I did a Lobster Stew.


I had the store cook the lobster for me, so all I had to do was clean it out, which made it super easy!
This year we did our Christmas with my in-laws on Christmas eve.  I didn't get many pictures, because well honestly I completely forgot!  The girls got tons of new stuff from them.


When we got home, my parents were at our house, and the 4 of us (me, Brian, Emma and Alyx) found that Santa and Mrs Claus left us all packages on our beds.

Matching pajamas for all of us =)


Brian was a really good sport about it!
We had our dinner and then the girls made Reindeer food for well, the Reindeer!




Emma went outside and sprinkled it all over our lawn.  She was very precise as to where she was throwing it too ;) 



The girls headed off to bed, and then Santa came =)



I settled in to watch a Christmas movie and have a glass of wine.



The next morning, bright and early at 5:30 am Emma woke up.  I tried and tried to get her to fall back asleep for a bit, but there was absolutely no way that was happening.  So at 6am, she got up and went into the living room to check out her goodies.  We didn't let her open anything until Alyx woke up.  Alyx was up by 6:30.  That gave me time to make a monkey bread for our breakfast and make up some coffee.







The girls got sooo much stuff.  And they have been having a ball with all of it.  Alyx is really into baby dolls.  I think between Santa, my parents and Brians parents she got 4 baby dolls.  And she just LOVED this Anna costume my mom bought for her.  
Emma really isn't into the whole toys thing anymore =(  She was all about the electronics.  She got an iPad, beats headphones, lots of makeup to play with, and a ton of clothes.  

We had Christmas dinner at my in-laws and then we played a mad game of the new electronic monopoly.  



It's definitely different than the original monopoly.  But we did have a lot of fun playing it.

We ended the night by watching the new Dory movie and the girls layed on the living room floor in their new sleeping bags.



Another amazing Christmas in the books.  =)

I am also so excited to tell you all about a new linkup for 2017! 



The first Wednesday of every month, myself along with 7 other hosts will be sharing what we have been reading!  I'm so excited to be linking up with all of these ladies!!

And lastly, today, tomorrow Heather and I have our monthly recipe club!  Be sure to linkup with us!  Remember, any recipe goes!!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!!!
Linking up with the ladies of Tuesday Talk =)