Road Trip Ideas {Tuesday Talk}

Happy Tuesday Friends =)  We made it through Monday, now to get through the rest of the week!  We are counting down the days until our vacation.  10 days to be exact now.  I've mentioned it before, but we are driving to Florida from Maine.  I know, I know, people think we are crazy, but we have done it once before and it really wasn't bad at all.  I haven't even began to pack yet, but the next two days I am off from work, and that's my plan to get us all packed up.  
 So today I am going to share some pins I found on Pinterest that I plan on using for the ride to and from Florida =)

Last time we went on a long road trip my biggest issue was trash in the car.  Between snacks and just anything that needed be thrown away I didn't just want a bag laying around that would spill and what not.  So I found this idea and we used it.





We just used a dog food container, and ours has a handle on it.  So it was easy to pass back and forth from the front seat to the backseat for the kids to throw their trash away.  I packed a ton of little trash bags and everytime we stopped at a rest area or what not, I would just toss the bag. It made it so easy and our car wasn't a mess by the time we got to our destination!

My mom found this idea and thought I should do this for the girls...



This looks great and all, however I can see this sliding off their laps and falling onto the floor and making a huge mess.  Not fun in my book ;) 
I thought these would be a lot better for each of them.


These seem like a much better idea.  Diaper wipe cases filled with snacks for each of them.  I thought about maybe letting them decorate their snack box before we leave.  That way they each have their own and there is no fighting ;)

I also want to have on hand coloring books, crayons, markers, colored pencils and paper.  Last time we kept everything in Emma's backpack but that got to be kind of a pain.  So I am going to use this idea.


This can be on the floor in front of them and if they need something it's easily accessible.  This weekend I plan on going to the Dollar Tree and stocking up on all new crayons and books for them.  It's always fun to have something new to play with in the car.

We've also got a few new DVD's for both girls.  Thankfully they are able to watch their own movies.  They don't have to watch the same one.  Kindles and Ipads will also get a few new games on them too.

So does anyone have any good road trip tips to lessen boredom?  I'll take any advice!! 

Also, don't forget tomorrow is Heather and I's monthly recipe club!  Be sure to grab our graphic and linkup with us =)

 
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  
Linking up with the ladies of Tuesday Talk 

Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram