Recipe Club {Shepherd's Pie}

It's Recipe Club day!  I absolutely love this linkup that Heather and do each month.  So many amazing recipes have been shared by all of you.  So today, if you have a recipe, link up with us =)


Today I am sharing my recipe for Shepherd's Pie.  I had never had this until I moved out on my own.  It was nothing my mother ever made, and still to this day I don't think she's ever made it.  But it's so good =)

(I really need to brush up on my food photography skills, ha!)




It's really simple to make.  Start off my preheating your oven to 400f.  

1.Dice up your onion.  


2.Crumble and cook your ground beef in a large skillet.  Cook until no longer pink.  Add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.  Mix well.  And then add your diced onion.  Cook until the onions are tender. 


3. Transfer the beef mixture to a large casserole dish.





4. Top the ground beef with the 3 cans of corn.  I do the cream corn first, and then add the whole kernel.




5. Once your potatoes are done boiling, mash them up and add a little milk and butter.


6. Dollop big globs of the mashed potato over the top and carefully spread it evenly to cover the entire top.  Top with a few tablespoons of butter.  And then bake.




I completely forgot to take a picture of it after it came out of the oven, but it will be nice and golden brown.  You could even put it under the broiler for a minute or two to crisp up the top.

This would be something really easy to make if you have left over mashed potato from Christmas or even Thanksgiving.  You could also add any kind of veggies to it, but we prefer just corn in ours.  

I'm excited to see what you all share with us this month.  Remember, anything goes!  Share new or old! 

Link up below =)