Recipe Club {Chicken Pot Pie}

Happy Wednesday, Friends =)  I'm excited because today is me and Heather's recipe club!  I have so enjoyed doing this linkup each month with Heather, and the recipes you have shared are amazing!  I have tried several now and they've all been excellent!  So if you have a recipe that you would like to share, grab our graphic and link up with us =)



Today I am sharing my Chicken Pot Pie recipe.  Tis the season for warm comfort food, and this is the go to recipe for homemade comfort food.  



1.  You can certainly use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe, and to be honest that is what I normally do.  But on this particular day I didn't have one in, but I did have chicken breasts in the refrigerator.  I put them in a pot and boiled them until they were done.  I also cubed up my potatoes and boiled them first as well.


2.  Dice up your onion and celery.


3.  Melt your butter in a skillet and add the onion, celery and flour and cook for about 5 minutes.  You want the flour taste to cook out and the onions to be somewhat translucent.


4.  Remove the mixture from heat and add the milk and the chicken broth.  Put back on the heat and bring to a boil until it thickens, about 1 minute.




5.  Once it has thickened, remove from heat and add your chicken and all your veggies.


Mix it all together!

6.  I always use a refrigerated pie crust.  And I always use the Pillsbury brand.  I have tried others and I don't really care for them, but you can certainly use whatever brand you love.  Place a pie crust in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.  And for this recipe you really do need to use a deep dish plate.  Add the mixture to the pie crust.


Even though the pie crusts are technically rolled out for you, I always roll it out even more so that it's not so thick and I have more of an edging.

7.  Once you do that add the second pie crust to the top.  And press the edges together and make some slits in the top.  



I  do a slight egg wash on the top before putting it in the oven.  It makes the top nice and glisteney...is that even a word?  I think it is! ha =)

Place in the oven at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.


On this particular night I served it with stuffing and cranberry sauce.  


This is a great fall evening meal or even a winter meal. This is one of Emma's top 3 meals.  Whenever she asks what we are having for dinner she always asks if we are having Chicken Pot Pie =)  The recipe may seem a bit complicated, but it's really easy. You can always add/delete any veggie as well.
So there you have it!  Link up below and share your recipes with all of us today!  Have a great day =)