What's up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday =)  I love these What's up Wednesday posts, so of course I'm linking up with Mel, Shaeffer and Shay today =)


What we are eating this week:

We have been grilling so much lately, and I love it!  It's easy and it makes for such an easy cleanup after dinner.  Our favorites that have been rotating through our house are Fruit/Veggie chicken kabobs, which are amazing!


Chicken, onions, peppers and pineapple.  I found a mango grilling sauce to marinade the chicken in and it's really good.  We've made these a lot.


Any extra grilled chicken and corn on the cob we have I turn into a homemade Chipotle bowl.  Simple and yummy!

What I'm reminiscing about:

Past 4th of Julys =)  Looking back at all my photos, I cannot believe how much my girls have grown.  I love the 4th of July and it's one of my very favorite Holidays.  


Emma had a friend ask her if she wanted to spend the 4th with her at her camp this year, and Emma said no.  When I asked her why she didn't want to she said she has to spend it with her family.  I thought that was cute.  I asked her what is going to happen when she is much older and married and her husband wants to spend the 4th with his family...her response was "that's ok, we can just go our separate ways on that day." haha  I died laughing!  The things kids come up with =)

What i'm loving:

You guys, I found this eye shadow primer and I am in LOVE.  

It's the Urban Decay primer, and it's pretty much amazing.  I received it as a sample in the mail and after using the sample, I went out and bought it.  It's amazing, and my eye shadow lasts all day when I use this.  You can find it HERE.

What we've been up to:

We've spent a lot of time outside!  The weather has been amazing, and we've been soaking up every single minute of it.


Swimming, The Zoo, The park, and Popsicle's outside =)

What I'm dreading...

Well, if we are being honest...this...


Ha!  We still have several months before this is actually reality again...but I'm still dreading it! ;)

What I'm working on: 

I'm working on still finding an old dresser/bureau to makeover for a new TV stand in our living room.  I think maybe i'm just being overly picky as to what I want.  We've been to several yard/garage sales and I haven't found anything that I am in love with yet.  But this is what I am hoping to do.


Not 100% like this, but similar!  I'm on the lookout!!

What I'm excited about:

I'm looking forward to the 4th of course, and getting some beach days in!!

What I'm watching:

Did you know that I am obsessed with Fixer Upper?!?  No? Ha!  If you have read my blog long enough, you know how much I love it.  Well, did you know the carpenter on the show, Clint, has his own show now!!  Yes!!


It's on DIY Network and the first episode was so good =)

What I'm reading:

This is really terrible...but not a single book at the moment.  Any recommendations??

What I'm listening to:

Pretty much anything on my fav station...



What I'm doing this weekend:

Working.  All weekend long.  38 hours in 3 days.  Sounds like a ton of fun doesn't it?!?  haha

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Well, the 4th of July of course.  Some beach days and a few day trips here and there.

What is your favorite July 4th tradition and/or recipe?

There isn't a particular 4th of July recipe that's become a tradition.  Spending time with our family back at my parents house has become our tradition.  In the 10 years Brian and I have been together, we have spent every one together at my parents.  It's fun to get together with my crazy family =)

I hope you all have a great Wednesday!!!  See you back here tomorrow =)