Recapping

Monday!  Yes!  Happy Happy Monday! =)  It's not all that often that Mondays make me happy but this one does!  


The last 8 days have been long and crazy.  And today I finally have a day off =)  Last week I was MIA from blogging because I was out of town for 4 days at a work conference.  I was nervous about going, but I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this conference was.  It was by far the best training I have ever been to in my 13 years of working where I do.  We had 3 full days of listening to different speakers.  One was a gentleman by the name of Gordon Graham, he just knows how to make work be fun.  He was not only very informative, but he had a sense of humor.  We also had a 9 hour day listening to man by the name of Nathan Lee.  I can't even begin to tell you how heartbreaking his story is.  His wife was abducted from their family home and was later found brutally murdered.  The outcome of this could have been completely different if a few dispatchers who were working would have done their jobs correctly.  He has gone from being extremely bitter towards Dispatchers, to teaching Dispatchers how important our jobs are and just how important it is to communicate with all of our co-workers.  If you want to hear his story you can find it HERE

We did manage to have fun while were were at our conference as well.  We went to dinner every evening, and we met a lot of really awesome people from different agencies.  It was nice to get to know them and have dinner.  


We are all Dispatchers.  Some of us work together, and some we just met.  And dinner...amazing!!!


A scallop and bacon pizza.  So so amazingly good =)

I can't even begin to tell you how much I missed the girls!  I'm so thankful for FaceTime =)

A few of my co-worker and I were nominated for the 2015 Critical Incident of the year award, and while we didn't win, it was still so exciting to be nominated for it!  You can read about the incident we were nominated for HERE.

The rest of this week is filled with Softball practices and games and probably just a whole lot of getting caught up on house work.  I hope you all had a great weekend and have a Happy Monday!! =)

Linking up with Meghan and Biana today =)