Hello May

Happy May!!  And Happy Monday!  I'm so excited that May is here.  I'm ready for the trees to finally have leaves on them and to plant some flowers =)





We had a really great weekend.  Brian and I were both off and we spent all day Saturday at Softball fields.  The weather couldn't have been any better.  Saturday morning started off pretty much amazing...


Krispy Kreme doughnuts all the way from Florida! =)  My parents brought them home to us, and they were so so good!  Later in the morning we headed off to Emma's first official Softball game.  She was really nervous but I knew she would do fine.  There is such a big age difference in this league that it kind of boggles my mind.  They can start playing in this league at the age of 7 all the way up to 13.  Most of the girls on the team that Emma's team played against are on the Middle School softball team.  It's kind of crazy, but she did well.  


Emma up to bat!  She played 2nd base the entire game, and she did amazing at it!!




I love this picture.  Emma is batting and my niece Hannah (who plays for the team that Emma's team was playing against) is the catcher.  Who would have thought that 9 year old Emma would play against 13 year old Hannah =)  Emma's team came up short, but none the less they had a blast!


Alyx was excited to be outside all day long =)

Later on in the day we went to watch Brian play in a benefit Softball game for the Maine Special Olympics.  


Our local area Police Departments played against the University of Maine Hockey team.  It was a lot of fun watching them play.  And Brian had a lot of fun playing.


Alyx enjoyed watching =)

Yesterday I spent the day getting stuff ready for the week.  I am leaving for a work conference until Thursday night.  It's going to be so weird being away from the girls and Brian too of course all week.  But I am definitely looking forward to this conference.  

I hope you all have a great week and a great Monday!!  

Linking up with Meghan and Biana today =)