Weekend Recap

Whew!  What a crazy busy weekend we had!  I'm thankful that I have today and tomorrow off to catch up on sleep and housework =)  The weekends I work always make for busy evenings after work, especially when Emma has basketball.  

First off, I had to run into the Dollar Tree yesterday to grab a Birthday card.  Seriously, they have the best assortment of Birthday cards, and they are name brand are always 2 for $1.00!  So I grabbed the card I needed and then I noticed the line was really long at the checkout so I figured I would look around for a minute.  Well, i'm totally glad I did!  In the makeup section they had the Essie brand nail wraps for $1.00.  I bought one, i'm not so sure how well they will work but I couldn't go wrong for that price.  They look just like the jamberry nail wraps.  And then I walked over to the next aisle over, the book section.  A lady that works there was putting cookbooks out on the shelves...


I was super excited when I found these =)  And each for only $1.00.  You really gotta love The Dollar Tree =)  
And speaking of cookbooks, if you follow/read Shay Shull's blog Mix and Match Family, her two cookbooks are coming out next month!  I'm so excited for them.  They are available for pre-order now through Amazon.  And of course I have mine pre-ordered!

Emma had an away basketball game this weekend, and since I work every other weekend all of her away games have fallen on the weekends I work.  We've been lucky with friends and family being able to take her, but I really wanted to get to one.  I was able to work a half day yesterday and take her =)  Her game was about 1 1/2 hours away, so we left a bit early and did a little shopping first.




We're the team in Green =)  The girls played so hard and amazing!!!


Final Score...58-16!!!  These girls on Emma's team are doing so good!!  They are still completely undefeated this season.  They have one more home game next weekend and then they move onto Tournaments.  I may or may not have mentioned this before, but these girls have such a great bond with each other.  There is nothing better or cuter than after their game seeing them tell each other "good game Emma".  They are such sweet girls =)

I hope you all have a great Monday!!!