Thoughts for Thursday

Happy Thursday!  We are almost to Friday =)  We don't have much planned for the weekend other than basketball.  That takes up quite a bit of our time these days.  Numerous practices throughout the week and then games on the weekend.  It will be coming to an end soon, and then we start tournaments.  Emma so enjoys it and we enjoy watching her!
So as always, it's Thursday so i'm joining Annie & Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday.


I have to share this recipe with you all.  I love a baked potato soup, and I came across a recipe the other day and I just knew I had to try it.  I changed the recipe up a tad and it came out perfect!  


7-8 small to medium size potatoes peeled and diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
4 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups of chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 slices on bacon cooked and then chopped

Caramelize the onions, shallots and garlic over low heat
add all ingredients to your crockpot and cook 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
Top with shredded cheese, bacon bits and green onion
When it was done, I found it wasn't exactly thick enough, so I mashed some of the potatoes and that thickened it perfectly!
If you try it, you'll have to let me know!

So let's go off topic completely.  I finally broke down last week and ordered a PlumPaper planner.  If you haven't seen them, they are a lot like the Erin Condren Planners.  It honestly cannot get here soon enough.  I feel like I can't remember anything lately, and need to write everything down! ha!  The middle of last year I put my schedule, the girls schedule and Brians schedule in my phone and I don't have any idea what happened to it, but it all disappeared one day.  I love technology, but also I sometimes dislike it!  Also, when I am at work my phone has to stay in my purse, so I could never glance at our schedules.  Having everything on paper in front of me is what I need.  Have I mentioned that it can't come soon enough?!?!  =)

Ok, tell me, are we the only family that is *still* watching Christmas shows on TV?  And as I type this we are watching Frosty Returns.  I think we may be watching these shows all year long.  Alyx is obsessed!!  And we totally are the family that wears our Christmas pj's all winter long =)

Now that this was a completely random post, I hope you all have a GREAT Thursday!! =)