Mom Talk Tuesday {Cookie Swap Blog Hop}

The last couple of Tuesdays I have been linking up with some fabulous bloggers for, Mom Talk Tuesday.  And today I am linking up with them for a cookie recipe exchange!  I've been excited about this one =)


So I am sharing with you, one of my favorite cookie recipes.  I remember my grandmother making these cookies.  Soft Molasses cookies.  And they are a great cookie to make around the Holidays.  They just have that taste that says "Christmas"!  They are really simple to make as well =)



Your list of Ingredients:


1 cup packed brown sugar          3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup molasses                   1 egg
2 1/4/ cup all purpose flour         2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon               1 tsp ground giner
1/2 tsp ground cloves                  1/4 tsp salt
3 tablespoons granulated sugar

Heat oven to 325 degrees.  In mixer beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg on medium speed.  Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.


Shape Dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls.  

 Dip tops into granulated sugar.  On ungreased cookie sheet (I use my pampered chef cookie stone) Place balls, sugar side up, about 2 inches apart.



Bake 13-16 minutes or just until set and cookies appear dry.  Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.


These cookies are seriously so good!  And they are especially good when they are hot out of the oven.  Emma loves them when they are warm with a glass of milk! 
If you decide to make these, I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does =)

Linking up for Tuesday Talk with Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me

Wife Mommy Me