Nine.

Nine years ago today at 8:38 AM, a tiny 3 pound 2 ounce baby girl was born.  I had been in the hospital for 6 days at that point, just waiting for her to be born.  I remember the night before, Friday night, I developed the worst headache I have ever had in my entire life.  Around 4am, that Saturday morning, the nurse came in, opened up my shades in the hospital room, took my hand and smiled.  I remember her looking at me and saying, "Today is a great day for a birthday".  I just started sobbing.  I was scared, and just prayed that everything was going to be alright.  As soon as my doctor got to the hospital, off to the OR we went for a c-section.  I remember hearing Emma cry for the first time and it was such a huge relief.  Although she was tiny, she was healthy.  We spent a month and 2 days in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit).  We basically lived at the hospital.  We were there for all of her feedings during the day, and we would leave late at night and come back first thing in the morning.  At the time Brian was working evenings, so he would get out at 2am, and he would head right for the NICU for her 3am feeding.  I can't believe that was 9 years ago now.  I'm hoping the next 9 years don't go by quite as fast.

So today, our sweet Emma Jane turns 9 years old!





She's funny, and always has us laughing.  There is not a minute in the day where you won't find her singing.  And she can learn a song literally after listening to it twice.  She is one of the kindest hearted little girls I have ever met.  I hope she never changes =)

Happy 9th Birthday Miss Emma!!!