Friday Favorites {9/11/15}

Before I begin with Friday Favorites today, today we are remembering those lost on 9/11.  I remember the day vividly like it was yesterday.  We have visited NYC a few times since 9/11.  The first time being in December right after it had occurred.  I still remember it being smoky there and having a terrible odor.  We also visited again again in 2010.  This time we brought Emma with us.  She was still pretty little then, and she didn't have any idea what exactly we were looking at when we visited Ground Zero.


Praying for all the victims families and loved ones today.

***************************************************************

Today I am linking up with the wonderful ladies, Narci, Andrea & Erika.




Hi.  My name is Johannah, and I'm addicted to nail polish.  HA =)  I just might have a problem with nail polish...it's an obsession.  I have wayyyy more bottles that I can even begin to count.  I've always been a HUGE fan of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish.  You can find it HERE.  However, I've recently started using OPI polish with the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat...and i'm in LOVE =)  I stopped into Ulta the other day, and they always have a couple racks of clearance stuff...well I scored 2 bottles of OPI polish for $4.74 a piece =)


I love both colors, and i'm currently wearing the dark purple called " Viking in a Vinter Vonderland"  I love the names they come up with =)


Emma started Girl Scouts this week.  She never really asked until this year to join.  So we joined a troop.  And of course the first meeting they passed out fundraiser packets.  Emma was very excited about it!


Off to the neighbors house she went to con them into candy, nuts & magazines ;) 


Emma had a crazy day at school yesterday, so I went to the store and bought the stuff to make her favorite dinner.  




It's the Pioneer Woman's, "Penne a la Betsy".  We have changed it a bit to our liking.  Instead of using shrimp like she does, we use chicken.  Her recipe also calls for Parsley & Basil, and instead I use baby spinach.  Emma loves this meal :)


I'm all about anything Pumpkin right now!  


Anything pumpkin is amazing!  My most favorite blogger, Shay from Mix and Match Family, posted on Instagram last night, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.  I think when I get home from work tonight Emma and I will make them.  Super easy too.  1 box of chocolate cake mix, one 15oz can of Pumpkin and 1 cup of chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.  That's it!  Simple!


So Alyx loves "Pop Pops" aka, lollipops.  She also loves the movie Frozen.  So when I saw this Olaf lollipop, I just had to get it for her =)

 
 Isn't she funny! =)

I hope you all have a great Friday, and a great weekend!!! =)