Weekend Recap {Camp}

Here we are, Monday again!  Why do weekends just fly by so fast??  And a great weekend it was!  So let's recap =)

Friday evening the girls and I went shopping with my mother in law to get food for camp the next night.  We hit up Sams Club, which is like Emma's favorite place because she can "test" new foods, ha!  After the girls and I went and had a quick dinner with Brian at work.  Both girls were in bed and asleep by 8:30 =)

Saturday morning we got up bright and early.  Brian and I had to run to the grocery store to get a few last minute items, and then we hit the road for our 1 1/2 hour trip to camp.  


The girls, and Gunner were ready to go!  Once we hit the camp road, it's a private road so Brian always lets Emma drive.  She sits on his lap and just in control of the wheel, Brian controls the pedals ;) 

When we go to this camp, it's not like just driving up to the driveway and unloading our stuff into the camp.  No, this camp is literally in the middle of the woods.  We park our cars out at the dirt road and then we walk about 1/2 mile down a wooded path with all of our stuff.  Brians dad does have a side by side that he will sometimes bring so we don't have to carry everything.  So once we finally got all our stuff put away for the day/night, we had lunch and then Emma was itching to go swimming!  The water was pretty warm too =)


Brian and I kayaked over to a little island, and picked some blueberries.  






Emma LOVES and I mean loves to kayak.  She could have been on the water all day long.  And she definitely got a good workout doing it!

Alyx basically spent the afternoon on the beach playing with beach toys.  She has little interest in actually getting into the lake.  But she still had fun.



Gunner even went out into the kayak with me.  He just sits on my lap and lays his head down and enjoys the water. haha, he's such a funny dog =)



The sunsets are so much more beautiful on the lake than in town.  And it was fun to be out on the kayak and watch the sunset. 


After the sun set we had a campfire and made s'mores of course!  So good, but soooo messy!!  My mother in law got Alyx to sleep and then we all stayed up and played a couple of board games.  I took this picture just before Alyx went to sleep.


Alyx looks wayyy too big sitting there.

Sunday morning we all woke up around 6am.  I was hoping to get up to see the sunrise, but that didn't happen =)  I did get to enjoy my coffee on the beach though, which was sooo nice and relaxing.


Alyx played in the water, and Emma kayaked around a bit.  It was a bit chilly, but the girls had a blast.

After breakfast we packed up and headed home.  It was a fun weekend, and both girls slept on the way home.  I could have slept too, but I stayed awake to keep Brian company =)  And I don't think Gunner has moved off the couch since we got home, hehe =)

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend as well!!