TGIF

It's Friday!  This has been a long week, and I am so glad the weekend is finally almost upon us!  So recapping this past week.


It has been C-O-L-D this week!  But i'm thankful for the cold rather than all the snow a lot of the country is getting!  


Alyx went from smiling, laughing and being a goober to sound asleep the other day in literally 2 seconds.  It was so funny.  She just looked at me and plopped her head down and went fast asleep!




My house is completely decorated for Christmas except for our tree.  I kinda love our mantle this year =)



I made this cream cheese pound cake the other day, and it was amazing so i'm sharing the recipe with you!

3 sticks of butter, softened
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300°F
Use an electric mixer to mix the butter and cream cheese until creamy.
Gradually add sugar and beat for 5 minutes.  Then add eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla.  Add flour and salt gradually to the mixer.
Pour batter into well greased bundt or tube cake pan.  
Place 2 cups of water in an ovenproof container on the rack in the oven next to the cake.  
Bake the cake for 1 hour 30 mins.

Icing: 
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk

You can thank me later for sharing this recipe! haha  My father in law tried it and said it was the best cake he's ever had.  I would make this over and over again!  The only thing that I did different was I squeezed a fresh orange into the cake mix and then used the remainder of the juice from the orange and squeezed it into the icing.  So it had a hint of orange flavor to it.  So So good!

**************

The other night before bed Alyx made herself comfy on her new couch she got for her birthday =)


She is too funny!  She looks like she just had a full meal and now she's taking a rest! 

And lastly, last night Emma and I went to Target. She had a little fun there...


We laughed and laughed at these!  So cute!

Happy Friday all, Enjoy your weekend!!!