A Visit North

A couple of weeks ago we packed up and headed North for the day.  North meaning almost to Canada!  We went to visit my grandmother, the girls Great-Grandmother.  I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time that my grandmother had met Alyx.  She lives close to 4 hours away from us, and it was very difficult to find the time to get up to see her, but i'm so glad we did.  My grandmother is the sweetest, kindest, amazing person.  I spent every summer with her growing up.  At that time she lived on a farm.  The farm where my dad grew up.  She lived there with my Uncle, because my grandfather had passed away.  She was such a strong person.  She would get up in the early mornings and do all the chores around the farm.  I have so many memories of summers spent there. 
 
 
My grandmother, or Gucky, as we call her is 94 years old.  She lives alone now in an apartment.  She was soooo happy and excited to meet Alyx.  I think Alyx was just as excited =)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These photos I will cherish forever. 
 
Brian and I took a ride to where my dad grew up, and where I spent the summers.  Unfortunately the house isn't anywhere near as nice as it was when I was younger, so I didn't even bother taking a picture of it.  But this is the farm. 
 
 

It's changed quite a bit, but the view is so still absolutely beautiful.
 
I wish my girls could spend one day there as it was when I was growing up.  Feeding the cows and horses, running around for hours outside.  Picking strawberries in the morning, and then making homemade strawberry ice-cream by hand in the afternoon.  My list could go on and on. 
 
Gucky fell ill this week and is in the hospital.  Any prayers would be wonderful!  She's a strong lady and my dad is there now.  I talked to her this afternoon on the phone and her spirits are good, so we're hoping she will be released soon and able to go back home!