Before & After

We finished the kitchen mini makeover!  Well for now anyway.  Our next project will be new flooring and countertops.  Oh my word how badly I want new countertops...but they are a bit pricey, so we'll wait a bit on those =)  I think we may have made 4 trips to Home Depot and Lowes returning light fixtures and such.  But we finally got something we both really liked.  I really like our kitchen much better now than before.

BEFORE:



I hated the yellow, and when you take pictures in the kitchen it looks like an ugly yellow color.  Yuck!  


AFTER:




I like it so much better, and we had these super duper ugly box florescent lights on the ceiling.  We finally got rid of those and put up normal lighting =)  We actually have another set of lighting to replace above our sink.  We have recessed lighting above the sink and I got 2 decorative pendant lights to hang instead.  Hopefully Brian will put those up when he wakes up today!  And I'm anxious to get things hung up on the walls too.  Just not sure what I want above our table.  Any ideas??  

I might as well add our daily photo too =)



Day 24.  This was by far the most painful photo so far to take.  Emma did NOT want to have her picture taken and was actually crying hysterically and here is a forced smile from her.  LOL  Someday she will love having these photos.  But right now she could care less. haha =)