She's Here!!

Our baby girl, Alyx Grace, has arrived!  We are just beyond excited and so much in love! =)  Hopefully i'm not boring you all, but here is her birth story.

On Monday, 11/04/13, we went to the doctor for an ultrasound.  While the lady was doing the ultrasound, she asked us what the exact due date was.  I told her 11/12/13...there was a long pause and she said, "Well, how does the 4th or the 5th sound instead?"  I instantly wanted to start crying.  Not because I was upset, but that we were finally going to meet this little peanut sooner than expected!

Monday night I don't think I slept a wink.  We woke up at 3:30 am, since I had to be at the hospital by 5am.  We dropped Emma off at my inlaws around 4:30 am.  And then Brian and I were off to the hospital!  We got there, checked in, and then off to the 7th floor, Labor & Delivery we headed.  We got to my room, I changed up, they took all my vitals, and then started an IV in my hand.  And let me tell you...it hurt like no other!  They ended up having to stick my hand 3 times, before they finally got it in.  A little bit later my inlaws showed up with Emma, along with my parents.  I visited with Emma for just a few short minutes before having to leave for the operating room.

When I walked into the OR, I instantly felt sick to my stomach and became extremely nervous.  I can't begin to tell you how amazing and awesome the nurses, anesthesiologist, and my doctor was.  After getting the spinal, they brought Brian in, and they started the c-section.  It only took about 5 minutes into the surgery, and I then heard the most amazing noise...Alyx crying =)  I remember I kept asking Brian over and over again, "is she cute? is she cute?" haha  They finally brought her over to me after Brian cut the cord, and they got her all cleaned up and made sure that she was ok.  I will never forget seeing her face for the very first time.  Instantly in love!







Welcome to the world Miss Alyx Grace!! 
Born: November 5, 2013
Time of Birth: 7:33 am
Weight: 6lbs 9ozs
Length: 20 inches

After leaving the OR, they brought me into the recovery room.  I think I was in there close to an hour or so.  The surgery went fine, but after I couldn't stop shivering.  Emma was able to come in for a few minutes, but she got really nervous because I was shaking so bad.  I as well as everyone else assured her it was normal, but it still scared her.  I wanted to be there so badly when she met her baby sister for the first time, but I was in the recovery room still, and they brought Alyx to the nursery to be weighed.  Emma met her for the first time when she was being brought to the nursery.







I loved the fact that I was able to snuggle with Alyx while in the recovery room, and Brian was able to feed her there as well.  When I had Emma she was taken right to the NICU, so I wasn't able to spend any time with her.  This experience was totally different.











Emma is such a good big sister!  She loves holding and kissing Alyx =)

We were suppose to be released from the hospital on Thursday.  However, Thursday morning when our doctor came in, he said Alyx's jaundice levels were on the high side.  So we stayed Thursday into Friday so she could spend 24 hours under the billi lights.  Friday morning, her levels were much better and they released us!  I was so excited to finally get back home =)




She did awesome on the 15 minute car ride home.  Not a peep was heard out of her =)  

I'm so glad to be at home finally with my baby girl.  She is such an amazing blessing to our family.  Emma is in love with her, and such a huge help.  She LOVES helping to feed her and change her diaper.  I'm still recovering from my c-section.  And probably will be for a while.  Thankfully I have an amazing hubby who has been waiting on me hand and foot, and some amazing friends and family who have dropped off dinner and snacks for us.  

Today we had a newborn photo shoot.  I cannot wait to see the photos!  We also had some done of Miss Emma.  The photographer came right to our house and did them, so it was so nice not to even have to leave the house.  I'm going to be stalking Facebook until she posts some sneak peeks of the photos =)

Being a mom again to another little girl after 7 years has definitely been an adjustment.  But I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Alyx is amazing.  So far she has slept so well at night.  Usually up every 4 hours or so.  I hope I haven't just jinxed myself! haha  

One last photo for today =)