Catching Up!

Man oh Man...I have been bad at blogging lately.  So let's play Catch Up!

My last post I mentioned that I had a meeting/appointment with the diabetes clinic at the hospital.  I made Brian go with me to it.  Sometimes I feel like a ton of information that is thrown at me at once, just goes in one ear and out the other.  So another set of ears, plus the support, was just what I needed.  There were 3 other women in this meeting with me.  All 3 were also pregnant, and all 3 with gestational diabetes.  It was nice being able to talk to someone else that has it as well.  Our meeting was very informational and I learned a lot!  I was given a big folder full of recipes.  And also meal plan samples.  I have had to tweak some of the meal plans a bit, only because some things they suggest you have to go with a meal I may not like.  I have a little monitor thing that I have to carry with me and prick my finger to test my blood sugar 4 times a day.  So far every time I have tested it, it's been good!  So how I'm eating now is helping!!  I will admit that I'm still having cravings for ice cream...but I haven't caved yet!  The nurse that instructed the meeting was really nice and funny.  She basically said that if you have a craving for it...have a little of it, but not a big bowl like you normally would =)  I'm sure that day will come, when I cave and have a spoonful or two of ice cream =) 

So what else?  Oh, Emma and I went shopping the other day.  I had a gift card that I decided to use on her.  Spoiled?  No!!  We went to AC Moore, and she just loves doing crafts and stuff.  So we got a ton of stuff to do!

 
 
Bonus is that all the back to school sales are going on, so all the Crayola supplies were dirt cheap.  Manly $1.00 and under!
 
 
Emma found these super cool flip flops that you can color yourself.  She had a blast coloring them all different colors.
 
 
 
She was in deep deep concentration ;)
 
 
 
 
 
Final outcome!  I think she did a great job with them =)  And she had fun doing them too!
 
Today I came home to find a surprise on the doorstep. 
 
 
 
 
I was sooo surprised to get all of this!  The wonderful Bri from School in our Slippers sent this to me =)  Now Alyx has her very first Thirty-One bags!  When I started my blog, I honestly never thought anyone would read it.  I stumbled across Bri's blog a while back and even though I have never met her, I feel like I have.  She was so thoughtful to send this to us....so Thank you again Bri!!! =) 
 
And speaking of Alyx...man is she a mover!!  Constantly moving around!  It's just the weirdest feeling because I don't remember Emma ever being this active, but I totally love it! 
 
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend...it's me and Brians weekend to work.  Emma is going to camp with my inlaws Saturday into Sunday.  She's pretty excited!  I ended up going to 4 different stores this afternoon looking for a pair of water shoes for her.  Finally found them at the last store we went to! 
 
Enjoy your weekend!!!!