The dreaded test!

Last Thursday I had my 24 week checkup!  And the dreaded GTT (glucose tolerance test)  But while waiting for those results, we got to have another peek of our little girl =)  She's growing and doing well!!  Although, she refused to get into a position where we could get a really good glimpse of her.  After the ultrasound was done, I headed back downstairs at the doctors office to get my gtt results.  And guess what?  I failed =(  So that meant, that I needed to do the even more dreaded 4 hour GTT test.  That was scheduled for yesterday. 

I got to the hospital at 7am, had my first blood draw.  Waited about 30 minutes, and then I was given this wonderful breakfast cocktail. 

 

I really don't think I will ever be able to drink another Sunkist soda again in my life.  Ugghh. 
 
After that for the next 3 hours I had my blood drawn again.  Finally at 11:00 I was able to leave and head home. 

Around 4:30 yesterday, my doctors nurse called and told me I failed this one as well =(  Super sad face now.  So now I am scheduled with an appointment at the diabetes clinic at the hospital on Tuesday.  She gave me a brief description of things I can eat and things I can't eat.  But I will definately find out more on Tuesday.  Emma and I went to the grocery store last night, and I was just about in tears there.  So confusing about what I can and can't eat.  Once i'm into this "new" routine of eating it will be much much better!  I know that I will get used to it.  But I know that I am going to miss my sweets.  I have a huge chocolate tooth!  haha
 
So if any of you have been or are diagnosed with Gestational diabetes...any information you have or recipes or advice would be awesome!!! =)