What a week

So much has been going on in the news lately.  And all of it is just sad.  There is no other way to put it.  We were very saddened to hear of what happened in Oklahoma.  I can't even begin to imagine.  One moment they had everything, and then the next minute...they lost everything.  Including loved ones. 

I'm also sad because for the last week, a 15 year old girl went missing from the next town over.  She went to school in the town we live in, and today after an entire week long search they found her deceased less than 1 mile from our house.  I'm sad and sick all at the same time.  My work has been crazy busy because of this.  I've never in the 10 years I have worked at my job seen our officers and detectives work day and night without sleep for a week.  I'm thankful for them that they were able to give closure to the family members of this girl.  And i'm also thankful that today they made an arrest in her murder.  Stuff like this just doesn't happen here.  It's a small town, and i'm holding Emma a lot closer tonight.  In memory of this girl, they want everyone in our town to keep their porch lights on all night.  Our light will be on.

In other news...guess who has a cold again?  Yup, Emma.  I actually can't be certain it's a cold...it may be allergies but I'm not 100% sure.  Whatever it is, hopefully it goes away soon. 

Has anyone been watching The Voice?  Oh my word!  It is my favorite season yet!  I am loving Danielle Bradbury...so I am predicting now for her to win =) 

Tonight we had a big dinner planned since Brian and I were both off, and guess what?  He got called into work.  Arrghh.  Our jobs can be so frustrating sometimes, but at least we have them =)

Sorry for the picture less post.  I haven't really taken any pictures at all since it's been yucky rainy outside for the last couple of days.  Hopefully the rain will go away and we'll see sunshiny skies again soon =)