Updates & A Recipe

My days are off are ending, and it's back to work tomorrow for the weekend.  I often wish I had a Monday-Friday job, with nights, weekends, and holidays off.  But unfortunately it is what it is and i'm thankful that I have a great job to go to!  Brian and I had a pretty productive day yesterday.  We decided to take out a couple of small areas of grass in our yard and put mulch in and plant 2 Rhododendrons.  It came out good, still needs some work.  Hence why i'm not posting any photos of that just yet =)

I stayed up wayyyy too late last night.  Brian wanted to finish the Boston Bruins hockey game, and then he went to bed.  And of course I had to get caught up on Chicago Fire.  Do any of you watch it?  It is by far one of my favorite shows right now, and i'm sad the season finale is next week!

So tonight for supper, I wanted to make something different.  And then I got thinking how much I love the Cracker Barrel.  And how we don't have one around here, and since I didn't think Brian would drive me 3-4 hours to the nearest one...I decided to try a couple of copycat recipes.  And they were both a big hit!  One of my favorites from CB is their chicken & rice.  After dropping Em off at school this morning I stopped and got the ingredients to make it. 

 
So here is what you'll need.
 
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of sliced mushrooms
2 lbs of chicken tenders
 
 
 
Mix it all up and it should look like this.  I cooked mine on high for 4 hours, and it was cooked perfect.  I was kind of worried because Brian isn't a fan of anything "cream of whatever kind of soup".  But he really really liked this. 
I served it over white rice.  I cooked the rice in Chicken broth and sautéed an onion with a little butter and added that to the rice as well. 
I also found the recipe for the Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole.  So I definitely got my Cracker Barrel fix tonight =)
 
 
 
Emma had gymnastics tonight.  She is so exhausted on Fridays from being at school all day, and then having gymnastics at 6:30 to 7:30.  She did really well!  After we were done there we headed to Target to get a few things.  And of course we couldn't go without a stop in the toy aisle.  Ha! =) 

By reading my posts i'm sure you can tell i'm pregnant.  I am hungry all the time lately, but I tend to just pick at it a little and then i'm done.  So of course while we were at Target I found something I have been wanting to try for a while...so yeah I picked it up. 
 
 
Ever had it?  It's pure Yummyness!!!  I promised Brian I would leave him some to try.  I'm not so sure there will be any left =)
 
Once we finally got home Emma settled in on the couch watching the Disney show, Dog with a Blog.  I haven't heard her laugh so hard in a long time.  Apparently the dog was singing opera, and she found it hilarious!  It was pretty cute =)
 
 
 

Snuggled in having her favorite snack...Spinach & Artichoke dip. 
 
 
 
It's now 10:30, and I thought she would be sound asleep by now...but guess what.  Nope!  But I love my one on one time with her at night =) 

Happy Friday all!!