CrockPot Saturday

I'm pretty sure that I have never shared this recipe, and I'm not sure why because it is by far one of our very favorite Crockpot recipes!  Chicken Taco Soup!  And it is seriously the most easy recipe ever.  Hardly any measuring involved and no chopping or dicing!  I just finished putting this together in the Crockpot for our supper tonight, and I thought I would share incase anyone needs supper/dinner ideas for tonight or tomorrow. 

Chicken Taco Soup
 
2-4 Chicken breasts (about 1 lb, and they can be frozen too)
1 can of corn (I use the Green Giant super sweet corn, and I use 2 cans)
1can of black beans
1 can of chili beans or red kidney beans (I don't always put beans in this soup)
2 cans of canned Rotel diced tomato's with green chilies
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 12oz bottle of beer (or chicken broth)
1 1.25 oz packet Taco Seasoning
 
Put everything directly into the Crockpot, mix well and set on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 7-8 hours.  When it's just about done, take the chicken breasts out and shred the chicken up.  Then add it back to the crockpot.  And that's it =)
 
 
I have made this recipe before using chicken broth instead of beer, and the flavor isn't as good.  So if you do make this, I would suggest using the beer.  I'm not a beer person at all, cannot stand the taste of it.  But all the alcohol cooks out of it while in the crockpot.  And before I made this I did a lot of researching online on whether or not I could eat it since I am pregnant and all.  =) 
 
It's a terrible photo, but here is what it looks like when you get it all together
 
 

 
 
On another note...the weather here is sooo beautiful again.  I'm feeling for all of you that I have told me that it's either raining and cold where you are or even snowing!  It's May now, so hopefully the weather will start to look up!
 
Emma and I have been to the park the last 2 days, and we will probably go again today before I go into work at 4.  I dislike weekends that I have to work especially when it is is so nice out.  But, i'm off Monday & Tuesday and it's suppose to be close to 75 degrees both days.  I'll take that I suppose =)
 
Hope everyone enjoys your Saturday!