Father/Daughter Dance

Last night Emma had a big date, with her Dad.  Our Rec Department in our town hosts an annual Father/Daughter Valentines Day dance each year.  I had searched and searched for a dress for Emma, and i'm pretty sure I was being way too picky and I couldn't find one anywhere. Finally the other night I found a brand new with tags Old Navy dress on Ebay.  So I ordered it and thankfully it was here in time for the dance! 

 
I took her to the salon before the dance to get her hair done all pretty =)  She chose how she wanted it.  French braided across the front and the rest pulled up and curled.  I think it came out so cute!
And i'm sorry, I didn't bring my camera with me to the salon, so you have to look at phone pictures =)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her hair appointment was at 2:00, she was done by 2:30 and the dance wasn't until 6:00.  Everytime she moved I think I freaked out! Haha  I was terrified she was going to start doing cartwheels or backflips at home and completely ruin her hair.  But she did really well! 
 
She and Brian got all "prettied" up and we went to his parents house to take pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My brother in law took my niece Hannah as well.  She looks completely grown up to me all of a sudden.  This not so little girl anymore is going to be 10 next month! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They had such a great time dancing their little hearts out!  Brian isn't much of a dancer, so i'm assuming that he only danced during the slow dances with Emma! haha  Emma was exhausted by the time they got home around 9:00 last night.  I'm so glad they were able to go and spend time with each other!
 
 
So now I have to back up to Friday.  Emma had gymnastics Friday evening, and it was the last class of this session.  After every session, they test the kids on their abbilities, and they either move onto the next level, or stay in the level they are currently on.  The first thing they had to do was handstands, and Emma kept her handstand for a good 7 to 8 seconds.  I was pretty proud =)  After the class was over they were all given a pamphlet showing what they need to work on and what level they needed to sign up for.  Well Emma was the only one that wasn't given a pamphlet and the coach asked to meet with her after all the kids had left.  Her coach had Emma do handstands, cartwheels, backflips, had her do the bars, and the vault.  So now here comes my mommy bragging moment...The coach came over to me and said that Emma was moving onto the Advanced level!!  Emma was beyond excited and I am pretty darn proud of her.  She works so hard at it, and she just absolutely loves it.  She still does 2 regular classes a week plus 1 private class a week.  As long as she continues to love it, we'll continue paying for all the classes =)

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.  This is hard to believe but it is snowing like crazy here for the second day in a row.  How many days until spring??? =)
 
Ohhh...and be sure to check out my other post from today on some recipes that I blogged about!