Sad

 I just wanted to take a second and say how heavy my heart is after this horrific incident in Connecticut.  I am just so sad and completely sickened about it.  Emma is the same age as those children.  I can't help but give her extra hugs and tell her how much I love her.  I wasn't going to say anything to Emma about what happened.  She's still little to me.  And I really didn't think she needed to know.  Sunday afternoon I got a call from Emma's school.  It was one of those pre-recorded messages.  They assured us the parents that they are up to date on their safety plans, and all the teachers and school officials met Saturday to go over everything again.  Sunday night after much thought I decided I needed to say something to Emma.  I really didn't want her to go to school Monday morning and have kids tell her what they thought they knew.  So I kept it kind of vague, told her lots of kids were hurt and that some had gone to heaven.  She had a lot of questions for me.  She wanted to know what happened to the person that hurt the kids and teachers.  I told her the truth, and also told her that she didn't need to go to school and talk to other kids about it.  I also told her that if any kids came to her asking her about it, that she needed to tell them to ask their teacher.  I'm so sad about this.  It feels so close to home.  Connecticut is part of our New England family.   So to all the family members, victims, Police/Fire/Ems personal, our thoughts and prayers are with you.