Camp & A Recipe

Sunday we decided that Emma was feeling well enough so we headed to camp for the day/night.  We had a couple of friends go out with us as well, and we had a really good time.  Emma was able to stay inside in the living room right near the woodstove and relax and play a little.  I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before, but Brians parents have 2 camps.  A camp in the woods, "The Hunting Camp", and then a camp on a lake.  We went to the hunting camp.  And one of these pictures is going to take a lot of explaining to you all.  I wasn't sure I was going to post it, but I thought oh why not! 

My father in law named his camp Tall Pines.  I guess because there are a lot of Pine Trees out there.


 
 
 
 
 
We got more than 1/2 way out there and I realized I forgot my camera.  So my pics are all from my phone.
 
 
Alright, so here is the picture that needs some explaining....
 
 
 
 
In the living room at camp, in front of the couch is this very lovely casket.  And yes, it's a really casket.  This is the deal.  My father in law back a couple of years ago retired as the Fire Chief in our city.  After he retired, he was asked to work fulltime at a funeral home.  So for the last few years he has worked at a funeral home, and apperantly this casket was delivered one day and the top of it was damaged very badly.  So they were not able to sell it.  So my father in law decided he would take it and had his brother in law make a flat wooden top for it.  Strange?  Yes, very.  But it makes a great coffee table!  Lots of room on it!!  You should see peoples reactions when they walk into the camp for the first time and see this.  Back a couple of years ago we had Thanksgiving at camp.  All the kids sat around this and ate.  I looked at my husband and had to laugh and said this seems like a really messed up family that the kids are eating Thanksgiving dinner on top of a casket. haha 
 
So yeah, we had a good time at camp.  Ate lots of really yummy food!  I made these for the very first time.
 
 
 
 
Oh. My.  Yummyness!!!  They are Ham & Swiss sammies.  If you have never made them, they are simple simple simple!  And they were a HUGE hit! I made 2 of these so I doubled the recipe.  Here is the recipe. (doubled version recipe)
 
2 12 count package Kings Hawaiian Rolls
1/2 pound swiss cheese
    1 pound thin sliced ham
   1 stick  butter melted
   3 teaspooons ground mustard
   1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
   1 medium chopped onion
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
 
Slice all of the rolls in half and place the bottom halves on a cookie sheet
    Place ham and cheese on the bottom of the sliced rolls. Cover with the top half of roll.
Mix together the melted butter, ground mustard, poppy seeds, chopped onion & worsterchire sauce.  Poor over the top of the buns.  I also added a little of this mixture inside the sandwich as well. 
Let it sit for an hour or two
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is gooey and melty.
 
It was super easy and quick to make this.  I can't even give anyone credit for this recipe because I have seen it on a ton of blogs lately. 
 
If you try them, be sure to let me know how you liked them =)

Well, since I worked last night, and brought Emma to school, it's a rainy day...i'm going back to bed for a few hours!  Enjoy your Tuesday morning everyone!