One more week

That's right.  Only one more week of Brian and I having a 5 year old.  Exactly one week from today Miss Emma will be 6 years old.  I cannot believe my little 3 pound premature baby is almost 6 years old!!  The last 6 years have gone by so fast.  I'll do another post about her birthday later this week =)

I have been super exhausted all weekend long.  I was off on Friday, and it was the only time in my life that I have said I wouldn't mind going to work.  Emma was in a very very rare mood.  Super cranky.  Unlike anything I have seen from her.  I'm blaming it on the fact that she started school on Tuesday.  So she is still getting used to going to bed earlier, and getting up really early in the morning, and then spending all day in school.  Getting out of school at 2:15 and then having an hour of gymnastics from 5:30 to 6:30.  And then I decided to drag her along to Sams Club.  She cried and whined from the time she got out of school until I put her to bed around 9:00.  At Sams she wanted everything she saw, and i'm sure all you moms know how that goes when telling them no.  Anyway, by 9:00 I was seriously ready to fall asleep myself.  I let Emma sleep in my bed because frankly it was just easier and I didn't want to have to deal with more whining.  After she finally fell asleep I got a little time to myself to relax and clear my brain after that crazy day.  I may have ended the day with a large bowl of ice cream and a cherry coke! Haha =) 

I went to check on Emma about an hour after she finally fell asleep and this is what I found.


Aren't they sweet.  Gunner is so in love with Emma.  I love that he cuddles with her =)  So after the day from you know where after seeing this it melted my heart. 
You can't really see the pillow in this photo, but I ordered Emma a pillow from Inkpress.com.  They were having a huge sale and I ended up getting the pillow case for $5.00.  It has 2 pictures of her and Gunner on it.  Whenever we go anywhere she tends to cry for him, so I thougt having a pillowcase to bring with her would make her feel better about the dog not being with us =)

So Saturday and today were much better days for Em.  I think she was just wayyyyy overtired.  And tomorrow we start another full week of school and gymnastics...and to end the week a special Birthday party for my soon to be 6 year old Princess =)