Weekend Recap

We had an awesome weekend!  I was off from work on Friday, Saturday & Sunday!  I love when I have long weekends =)  We spent so much time with family and friends, and I love those times!

Friday night we headed to the University of Maine to participate in the Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run.  This is really an awesome thing.  Police Officers from all over our state run and raise money to help the special olympics program.  The goal is to run from all points in Maine and finally reach the destination at the University.  Once there a HUGE parade is held with police cars from all over the state, as well as fire trucks, and a lot of other floats.  It's probably the largest parade i've seen.  So we got there Friday around 5:00 pm.  During the day the weather was great but then around 5:00 pm it started to get cloudy!  Really cloudy!  And then came the rain.  It was so disappointing.  We did the parade but the ended up cancelling the opening ceremonies for it.  Because the of the rain I only got one photo. 




The video isn't much either, but you get the point! =)

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and went to camp with my father in law to bring stuff out.  It's a little over an hour away.  We brought Gunner with us.  The camp is on a lake and I was really curious if he would get in the water.  He wasn't too fond of the water, but hopefully as the summer goes on he will get more used to it! =)  The water was super cold too!




Saturday night we headed to my husbands cousins high school graduation party.  It was nice to get together with family.  Great food and drinks =)

Sunday I spent the morning and afternoon shopping with my mom.  I have to say my mom spoils me.  Haha  And of course I love it.  I had mentioned that I wanted to get a certain pair of shoes and the next thing I noticed she was buying them for me =) 

This is what I ended up with.  They are soooo comfortable and I love them =)

Sunday evening we had a big bbq here at our house with some family and friends.  The kids had a blast playing together, and the adults had a good time talking, eating and having some nice drinks =)  Oh and how could I forget.  Our dog was out on our front porch and something startled him and he ran straight through our front screen door!  Poor thing.  I think a motorcycle went by with really loud exhaust and scared him.  So we will be replacing the screen very soon! 

I hope everyone enjoyed their weeked.  Ours sure was great!  And don't forget, if you want to order anything from Thirty-One, the link is on my previous post =)